Tuesday, May 17, 2011

And, Yes, More About Text


I made this video for my friend, Sharry, to show how to make letters fatter. Sometimes you can find the right font but you just want it a bit thicker. Or you may actually just want a shadow for your letters. When playing with the shadow feature I ran into one little glitch where it welded some of the letters and I couldn't unweld them. This shows a workaround for getting them a lot fatter and not having them weld together. Another beginner video. The videos are very small within the blog so click in the middle and it will take you to YouTube where you can watch it and actually see the screen.

4 comments:

  1. To move the letters appart to make the offset individual and apart you don't have to ungroup and move. All you have to do is in text mode, change the character spacing to 200%. Much faster and easier than moving each individual letter. Especially if you have a long word or phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa...you should be making the videos. I just have been working with the program a couple of weeks but I figured out stuff my friends didn't know so made the videos for them. I could use all the help I could get but there just isn't much out there for the Silhouette. Make a video and show some of the stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your videos are GREAT! I was just trying to point out a couple of shortcuts. You are the video queen. I LOVE your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep adding information Lisa...I welcome any more info on this program and how to use it. Mostly I've learned by just dinking around so there are probably lots better and faster ways to do things and I'm all for someone telling me anything I can use. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete