Friday, November 18, 2011

Fixing Awkward or Weird Joins When Welding Letters

Know I haven't posted in a while but been busy and no one had a question I could answer. Today someone posted on the Silhouette Yahoo Group about fixing some bad spots when welding some letters. It was specifically about welding Edwardian Script letters. The way to fix them is usually using node editing. The thought of the words "node editing" scares people off. You don't have to know tons about it to do these simple fixes to letter joins. A video will show how easy it can be. Video below...to see it bigger watch directly on YouTube.

4 comments:

  1. Margaret I watched your video and you have wonderful way of making complex things easy to understand thenk you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm that "someone" who asked the question. And I sincerely thank you for the help! When I've accidently gotten into the "edit nodes" function before, I've just backed out because I didn't understand how to change anything. Carla is right. You do have a wonderful way of making complex things easy to understand! Thank you! - Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, again, Margaret. I thought I'd let you know that I did manage to get the Edwardian font cleaned up - using your instructions. Then because it was still pretty thin in places for vinyl, I used the "offset" function and thickened it up a bit and it cut beautifully. I was trying to remember where I learned about "offset" and I think it was from you months ago. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret,

    Thank you so very much for sharing your time and talent with us!!! :) Your videos are so helpful!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    Partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete